Camper Trailer Rental: Pros And ConsIn this article we are going after the introduction below, to see the pros and cons of camper trailer rental and a concise but meaningful checklist of what to inspect before renting and which contract clauses will require us to pay attention before signing. Why camper trailer rental instead of buying? When you decide for full RVing, it is not easy to choose which RV type will be the most suitable for you and your family: you can go as small as a tiny RV without bathroom, to a small camper with wet bath, a teardrop camper, all the way until a large coach motorhome. However, until you are sure about which is the most convenient RV type for you, I always suggest going for a camper trailer rental, not less than a week, so you can decide if a camper type like the one you rented is actually what you need. Likewise, if you are not fully into RVing and you just utilize the camper two months per year, maybe a simple rental will suffice and you should avoid the acquisition of, for example, a huge fifth wheel, only to discover that the towing capacity of your vehicle is not enough and you have to buy also a powerful Ford pickup to tow it.
A camper trailer can be termed as a small-sized mobile home that can be towed by a car or any suitable vehicle depending on the camper weight and the towing capacity of the towing vehicle.
It is much smaller than a large class A RV and thus, easier to be carried anywhere, even on very narrow lanes or rough terrains. Nowadays, the passionate travelers find it more viable to engage on a camper trailer rental and fulfill their ambition of going on long tours. You can easily check out with a reputed RV rental company and plan out your vacations in a unique style.
Major Benefits Of A Camper Trailer Rental
- Floorplan based searching mode – In a camper trailer rental, you decide the size of the floorplan you require, checking it during the search. As an ideal camper trailer contains all the facilities of a cozy home, people can travel in it with their families and even with children safely and comfortably. Hence, retired couples or young people prefer to take camper trailers on rent to satisfy their cravings for long-distance tours.
- Cheaper alternative to hotel accommodation – Often people find the option of traveling in a camper trailer to be much comfortable and easier than staying in a hotel or luxury cottage or lodge during their vacations and tours. A camper trailer rental is much affordable than most of the hotel rooms. Moreover, they can use this rented RV easily for sightseeing in even remote places and avoid the hassle of renting a car every time they need to visit a new place.
- Live on your own terms – Highly convenient while traveling. The travelers do not need to unpack their bags and then pack again for continuing their tours in their camper trailer rental vehicle, as they would need to do while staying in a hotel or guesthouse. In a camper trailer, they can cook their own meals and live independently according to their own terms, as they are used to do at their own homes. They can also save the effort of carrying heavy luggage while touring, as they would need while traveling by air or by any other means. The only exception I can think of, is in the case of very bad weather and you are in a teardrop trailer where the kitchen is outside the RV at the back.
- More flexibility to handle costs – The price of a camper trailer rental is far cheaper than the charges for hotel accommodation or the cost price of a new RV. Moreover, you can save the high expenses of hiring vehicles for sightseeing to all the places around, mainly during the peak tourist seasons. You can visit these places in your towing vehicle unattached it from the RV. In a camper trailer rental contract, you do not even need to pay the maintenance costs and the payments for insurance of these vehicles. Thus, regular travelers can save a huge sum of money through the utilization of rented RVs that can be spent for more sightseeing and maybe on a shopping spree.
- Huge options to choose from – The camper trailers are available in various sizes, designs, and colors in the market. therefore, camper trailer rental opportunities are huge and you can simply browse through all the available options offered by the reliable RV rental companies and choose the ones that suit your requirements the best. These camper trailers can also be searched according to the interior space and the amenities, as per the preference of the people renting them. Nevertheless, there are not many options in camper trailer rental to make slight alterations in the interior amenities, according to the tastes of the renters.
Tips For A Successful Camper Trailer Rental
There are a few highly renowned companies that offer huge varieties of camper trailer rental offers. So the renters need to keep in mind some vital pointers that will aid them in choosing the best RVs for their use, to make their RVing highly enjoyable.
- Check different models of RVs – In the search function, sort diverse sizes, beds available and square feet. There are different types of models of the camper trailers, about which you should acquire sufficient knowledge before choosing any one of them for a camper trailer rental. There are small-sized trailers with a single bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, which can be attached with an ordinary cab for towing, such as some tiny RVs and teardrop trailers. There are also some luxurious RVs with numbers of spacious bedrooms and bunks for sleeping facilities of many people, which may be mounted on a fifth wheel and towed by a truck.
- Find a reliable renting company – Here we offer you some of the most famous companies where after registration and confirmation of your mail, you can start to search for a camper trailer rental immediately.
- Know the entire cost of renting beforehand – The rates for camper trailer rental vary according to the models of the vehicles and also may differ from company to company. So you should find out the quotes from all the local RV rental companies, for the chosen model of a camper trailer. Then they should check if these quotes include all the extra charges other than the fixed rental fees, like the insurance costs or the security deposits. However, the amounts of security deposits and rental fees are higher for camper trailer rental of larger units such as fifth wheels; whereas smaller RVs are found to be lesser expensive for the renters. The security deposit amounts are usually refunded to the customers, once they hand over the rented RVs in the original condition, as accepted by the agency. Some agencies also charge per mile as an extra. Therefore check the conditions of the camper trailer rental engagement for each vehicle you target as these conditions differ.
- Availability of suitable parking – The camper trailers need to be stationed at secure camping sites, where the travelers and their families will feel safe to stay. Hence, it is essential to check the width of the roads on which a rented RV will be traveling and the sizes of the parking spaces available at the places where it is designated to go, as part of the touring schedule. Often the large-sized vehicles may face difficulty in getting appropriate parking spaces in safe zones. This means that if you prefer a camper trailer rental of a large fifth wheel you have to check all these details, whereas if you just rent a small teardrop, not.
- Ancillary contractual conditions: The renters should also check the present conditions of the camper trailers before signing the camper trailer rental documents with the agencies. See if the wastewater tanks have to be emptied and which is the penalty for not doing it.
I am Tony, an RV designer and RV developer. I create bill of materials for RV manufacturers for travel trailers and fifth wheels. I worked as a freelance transportation consultant for Lyft. As an RV development consultant, I create customization trees for RV manufacturers who want to offer a solution to prospective customers to design their custom RV with variant configuration. Apart from this, I sell in Indiana trailer hitches, hitch balls, goosenecks and weight distribution systems where I provide advice to customers who want to know which is their towing capacity, which hitch ball should they utilize and how to deploy a weight distribution system. I do my best to explain all these processes and their installation, here in RV Favorites.