Towing Capacity Of The Nissan Rogue 2022
In this article, we determine the Nissan Rogue (4) towing capacity in order to understand which RVs, which travel trailers can be towed with this SUV (5), understanding towing capacity as a manufacturer specification (Tow Rating) (6) that determines the maximum gross weight that a vehicle is enabled to haul (7) (8).
The Nissan Rogue is a mass-produced passenger vehicle model produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan (1) and marketed solely throughout the US and Canada (2) (3). The vehicle is an SUV (sport utility vehicle) (9) that was introduced to the public in January 2007 at the North American International Auto Show. The Rogue is mounted on Nissan’s C platform, which is also used in the Nissan Sentra, amongst other vehicles. The styling is based on both the larger Nissan Murano and the smaller Nissan Qashqai.
The Nissan Rogue towing capacity is 1,508 pounds when properly equipped and qualified as low, therefore capable of towing only lightweight pop-ups and teardrop trailers.
In 2021 the towing capacity was 1,349 lbs.
Nissan customers should consider the Nissan Pathfinder models if they require higher towing capacity.
|NISSAN ROGUE TOWING CAPACITY|
|Model Type:||S||SV||SV Hybrid||SL||SL Hybrid|
|Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity 2021:||1,349 lbs.||1,349 lbs.||1,349 lbs.||1,349 lbs..||1,349 lbs.|
|Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity 2022||1,508lbs.||1,508lbs.||1,508lbs.||1,508lbs.||1,508lbs.|
|Current Unladen Vehicle Weight:||3,456 lbs.||3,488 lbs.||3,666 lbs.||3,549 lbs.||3,683 lbs.|
Even when the Nissan Rogue comes in several different models, they do not differ in the towing capacity or other key specifications.
The Rogue uses a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that produces 170 horsepower and is equipped with a continuously variable transmission. It comes in front-wheel drive, though all-wheel drive is optional. This engine is quick and powerful, providing the performance you need for driving around town but with only limited towing capabilities.
Look at the dry weight of any campers you’re interested in and try to calculate how much you’ll be packing into them once they’re fully loaded. Unladen vehicle weights (or dry weights) are recorded when the trailer is completely empty of luggage, water, fuel, etc. Once you’ve got everything loaded up, these campers can be much heavier than you might have intended influencing severely the Nissan Rogue towing capacity
A good rule of thumb for all of the campers is to try to stay at least 20-35% below the maximum Nissan Rogue towing capacity to create a safety margin. This is to prevent accidents on the road.
To find the Nissan Rogue towing capacity, we can also subtract the truck’s curb weight from its Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating (GCVWR). The GCVWR is the maximum weight of the loaded truck and the weight of its attached trailer.
Towing Package For The Nissan Rogue
Despite relatively low Nissan Rogue towing capacity, it has many features that would make towing quite simple, if you are towing a lightweight travel trailer
The Nissan Rogue towing package provides features such as Intelligent Driver Alertness, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Blind Spot Warning that, while they do not increase the overall towing capacity, deliver a safer and easier towing process for RVers.
The 2021 Nissan Rogue can also help you confidently tow your trailer, camper, or whatever other large equipment you are taking with you for the ride. The available Intelligent Around View® Monitor is extremely helpful when hitching your trailer, as well as backing it up into tight areas.
Standard driver-assistive features also help you stay safe while driving and towing. These systems include:
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Intelligent Driver Alertness
These systems will be able to monitor your driving patterns and what is happening around you out on the roads, so you can safely do everything from making lane changes and safely traveling in the lines of the road to quickly braking if a car suddenly crosses your path ahead.
Nissan Rogue Detailed Towing Package Features
Let´s see these features of the Nissan Rogue more in detail.
- Vehicle Dynamic Control: By monitoring the steering and braking of the Rogue, this feature will apply brake pressure to specific wheels and reduce the engine output if needed.
- Blind Spot Warning: Acting as an extra pair of eyes, this system alerts you to any detected vehicles in your blind-spot area, ensuring you can safely switch lanes.
- Intelligent Around View® Monitor: With four cameras, this helpful feature gives you a virtual composite 360o bird’s-eye view of your vehicle, so you can easily maneuver the Rogue and a hooked-up trailer with ease. I love this feature: it will not increase the Nissan Rogue towing capacity, but it will make your ride very safe.
- ProPILOT Assist: By maintaining a preset distance with the vehicle ahead of you, this feature will follow the car ahead of you and adjust to the flow of traffic.
- Hill Start Assist: As you’re crawling up a steep hill, this feature helps you stop rolling backward by holding the brake pressure for a few seconds while you’re switching from the brake pedal to the accelerator.
- Intelligent Trace Control: This helpful system keeps an eye on the driving conditions to help you take on those tight turns. If needed, it’ll brake each will individually to assist you as you’re driving around sharp corners.
- Active Ride Control: To give you a smooth driving experience, this feature will automatically apply the brakes and adjust the engine torque.
The Nissan Rogue towing capacity is very low, despite having many safety and other helpful features. Nevertheless, we would not recommend it for our readers, who are normally experienced RVers and would purchase a vehicle or truck with consideration to the RV they already have.
However, for those who are into teardrop trailers, we consider that they should check the manufacturer specifications of the teardrop trailer, as the Nissan Rogue could be able to tow very small travel trailers and lightweight teardrops.
If you are into Nissan, you will encounter much more towing capacity in the Armada or Frontier models. The majority of our readers recommend the Ford F-150 in comments and our social networks.
Sources And References
- “5 Cool Things You Didn’t Know About the 2016 Nissan Rogue Towing Capacity | Kingston Nissan Blog”. kingstonnissan.com. Archived from the original on 2016-08-08. Retrieved 2016-06-10.
- “Nissan ProPILOT Assist technology makes U.S. debut on 2018 Rogue – reduces the hassle of stop-and-go highway driving”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archivedfrom the original on 2018-01-16. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- “2017 Nissan Rogue / Rogue Hybrid Official Photos and Info”. caranddriver.com. Archived from the original on 4 May 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- “Apple iTunes Radio picks Nissan as first automotive launch partner”. autoblog.com. Archived from the original on 1 July 2017. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- “Passengers at risk in small overlap crashes”. www.iihs.org. Archived from the original on 2016-09-01. Retrieved 2016-09-04.
- “Nissan Rogue”. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. 2014. Archived from the original on 29 August 2017. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- “U.S. production for all-new 2021 Nissan Rogue starts in Tennessee”. GlobeNewswire News Room. 2020-09-22. Retrieved 2021-01-05.
- Beresford, Colin (2021-03-03). “2021 Nissan Rogue Gets Safety Update after Two-Star NHTSA Result”. Car and Driver. Retrieved 2021-03-05.
- America, Nissan North (2020-09-22). “U.S. production for all-new 2021 Nissan Rogue starts in Tennessee”. GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- “Nissan unveils all-new, beefier 2021 Rogue”. New Atlas. 2020-06-15. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- “2021 Nissan Rogue Prices, Reviews, and Pictures | Edmunds”. Edmunds.com. October 5, 2020.
- “2021 Nissan Rogue Connected Technology | Nissan USA”. Nissan. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Capparella, Joey (2020-06-15). “2021 Nissan Rogue Looks Like a Big Improvement”. Car and Driver. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- Tudose, Sergiu (2020-06-15). “The All-New 2021 Nissan Rogue Is A Roomy, Clever Compact SUV With An Edgy Face”. Carscoops. Retrieved 2020-06-15.
- “Nissan Rogue Sales Figures”. www.goodcarbadcar.net. Archived from the original on 2016-12-09. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- “Nissan North America Sales Increase 9.5 Percent in 2012”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- “Nissan Group Reports December and 2013 Year-End U.S. Sales”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- “Nissan Group reports December and 2015 calendar year U.S. sales”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2016-12-11.
- “Nissan Group Reports Record December and 2016 Calendar Year Canadian Sales”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- “Nissan Group reports December and 2015 calendar year U.S. sales”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2018-01-05. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- “Nissan Group Reports Record December and 2016 Calendar Year Canadian Sales”. Nissan Online Newsroom. Archived from the original on 2018-05-04. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- “Nissan Group reports December 2018 and 2018 calendar year U.S. sales”(Press release). 2019-01-03. Retrieved 2019-02-04.
- “Nissan Rogue US car sales figures”. carsalesbase.com. Retrieved 2020-01-09.
- “Nissan Group reports December and 2019 calendar year Canadian sales”. Nissan News Canada. 2020-01-03. Retrieved 2020-01-09.
- “Nissan Rogue US car sales figures”. carsalesbase.com. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- “2017 Nissan Rogue Sport First Look”. We retrieved paragraph with the Nissan Rogue towing capacity for the 2017 update. Automobile. 9 January 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
I am Tony, an RV designer and RV developer. I create bill of materials for RV manufacturers for travel trailers and fifth wheels. I worked as a freelance transportation consultant for Lyft. As an RV development consultant, I create customization trees for RV manufacturers who want to offer a solution to prospective customers to design their custom RV with variant configuration. Apart from this, I sell in Indiana trailer hitches, hitch balls, goosenecks and weight distribution systems where I provide advice to customers who want to know which is their towing capacity, which hitch ball should they utilize and how to deploy a weight distribution system. I do my best to explain all these processes and their installation, here in RV Favorites.